Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Character Model Sheets and Mystery Objects



Here are my three character model sheets!  I think my shadowing and contrast is off on my characters.  I especially had a hard time with my knight.  I kept confusing myself because I was trying to mimic the stuff we did on the second figure drawing class.  However, I realized my light direction was different than the light direction of our figure drawing class - eh basically I just got really confused xD.  I tried adding a lot more shadow than I usually do though and a lot of my reference pictures helped me with that.  
I actually like my hawk the most and surprisingly it took the least time, perhaps it was because it was the last character I had to draw so I was less stressed out, or maybe I just felt more confident because there aren't many messenger hawk characters out there - where else knights and witches/pitiful villains are everywhere!



   For homework, we had to create new model sheet templates (I think, hope I did it right).  I tried experimenting with the different positions my final characters could be, fonts, patterns, and color.  In the end, I just thought my characters looked better on darker, melancholy colors so I chose this brown/tan color.  There is also a shadow element I added behind my characters.

Let's just say besides Fantasy, Mystery is my favorite genre.  I played Nancy Drew and Carmen Sandiego games and watched insane forensic dramas growing up (at one point, I thought I was going to be a Forensic Scientist).  Therefore, this week's 20 objects homework was very enjoyable for me.  I however, am sure I colored my magnifying glass wrong - still having trouble with contrast and highlights of glass and metals.  I like my bloody hand though. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment