Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sketches & Silhouettes

For the last hour or so I've been working on a mask for my villain character :) My villain has burnt scars on her face from being burnt at the altar and so she uses her mask to cover her scars.  However, wouldn't it be awesome if her mask was scary or evil looking?  I experimented with some "skull" looking mask and a bit of ribcages (which was really fun actually).  The ribcages though might seem a bit "cheesy" and defeats the purpose of the mask a bit since it doesn't cover the scars completely.  However, this made me have an idea for my character's top, which I will be working on a bit next ;) .  Stay tune!


Some clothes and armor sketching for Daphne's character that I did on Monday.  This took me an hour or two.  The armor took me some time 'cause I looked at various reference pictures of our skeletal frame...yet I didn't want it to completely just be the structure.  It's cool and all but I'm not sure if it's "too much" since she has her corset top, pants, and cape already.  If I add armor, it feels like I'm just covering her corset... I'm getting a little tired of her cape so I tried giving her sleeves.  

Afterwards, I worked on some Daphne Silhouettes.  These took about two hours.  I liked changing around the weapons.  It was quite fun.  Also, I was getting a bit tired of her hood...on silhouettes it sometimes looks like she has a tumor on her head o_O.  So for a few of them I tried adding hair.


On Tuesday, I worked on some of my hero's sketches.  I just basically tried different hairstyles and facial hair.  This actually took me a while - maybe three hours or a bit longer?  And I am totally guilty because a lot of time was spent rendering the faces.  I know it's bad to "waste" time rendering sketches but I just really wanted to "see" what my faces looked like rendered.  I am a really big newbie at face drawing because they will always end up anime-like - especially when it's just outlines!  


I just finished some of my sidekick sketches earlier.  It took me maybe two/three hours.  These aren't rendered though.  I tried drawing different armors and accessories, then mixing and matching to see which looked best together.  
Right now I think I'm gonna work on some silhouettes...maybe.  Truthfully speaking, I'm a little worried because our finals are due in 7 days.  I usually finish all my homework on the weekends and that's usually when my work looks best and I do my work waste.  This week, however, started the "Finals Hell Week Part 1" so it's actually the first time I've had to work every weekday for Char. Viz.  Kinda stressful, but I'll get there.  I know everyone else is sharing my stress as well.  Ganbatte kudasai, minna-san :)!  We can do this!



No comments:

Post a Comment