Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Edgar Castor

Edgar is the hero of my story.  I find it really challenging to draw men for some reason.  I am more used to drawing females but hey, if you never try you never succeed :).  I think this is where I started panicking a bit but I recovered after a while.  Anyways, if I had more time I would have loved to add some texture to that cape 'cause it's bugging me just a bit.  I spent maybe 10 hours on this character...or probably more, I don't really remember.





I like Daphne's color palette a lot more than his.  

-------
I didn't like how my character came out so I took a step back and decided to look at my midterm sketches.  I actually liked my pose from back then a lot more so I ended up redoing my character's pose.  The color palette is similar but I changed the pinkish red to a blue.



I think I have to start checking out guys more xP...my guys always end up looking like either pretty boys or have this feminine form...hahaha 
This took me maybe 6/7 hours to do both Character and Model sheet...which is a lot faster than what I did before.  :)


If you want to view earlier works of this character check out: Midterm



No comments:

Post a Comment